Jump to Main Content
- Hirabayashi, Masumi; Yoshizawa, Yusuke; Kato, Megumi; Tsuchiya, Takashi; Nagao, Shizuko; Hochi, Shinichi
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 135-141
- actin; atrophy; busulfan; chickens; fluorescence; green fluorescent protein; humans; metallothionein; parturition; progeny; rats; seminiferous tubules; spermatids; spermatogenesis; spermatogonia; spermatozoa; stem cells; transgenes
- ... The spermatogonial transplantation system was applied to evaluate stem cell kinetics and niche quality and to produce gene-modified animals using the stem cells after homologous recombination-based selection. This study was designed to determine whether the transplanted spermatogonia were able to proliferate and differentiate in male rats expressing the c-myc transgene under control of the human m ...
- Hüsemann, Yves; Klein, Christoph A.
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 1-5
- animal models; gene targeting; humans; metastasis; mice; neoplasms; patients; xenotransplantation
- ... Human metastasis has been modeled mostly by xenotransplantation of cell lines in immunodeficient mice. Since this approach frequently uses cell lines derived from metastases, it ignores the significant role of cellular selection processes before and during metastatic progression and, in fact, models metastasis from metastasis and not metastasis from primary tumours. While the importance of the lat ...