Jump to Main Content
- Mahabir, E.; Reindl, K.; Mysliwietz, J.; Needham, J.; Bulian, D.; Markoullis, K.; Scherb, H.; Schmidt, J.
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 45-57
- germ cells; Hepatovirus A; blastocyst; mice; cultured cells; viruses; embryonic stem cells; pups
- ... The aim of this study was to determine the susceptibility of murine embryonic stem (mESCs) to mouse hepatitis virus (MHV-A59) and mouse minute virus (MMVp) and the effect of these viruses on germline transmission (GLT) and the serological status of recipients and pups. When recipients received 10 blastocysts, each injected with 10⁰ TCID₅₀ MHV-A59, three out of five recipients and four out of 14 pu ...
- PubMed Central:
- Markoullis, Kyriaki; Bulian, Diana; Hölzlwimmer, Gabriele; Quintanilla-Martinez, Leticia; Heiliger, Katrin-Janine; Zitzelsberger, Horst; Scherb, Hagen; Mysliwietz, Josef; Uphoff, Cord C.; Drexler, Hans G.; Adler, Thure; Busch, Dirk H.; Schmidt, Jörg; Mahabir, Esther
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 71-87
- Mycoplasma; T-lymphocytes; antibodies; blastocyst; cachexia; chimerism; embryo transfer; embryonic stem cells; flow cytometry; germ cells; immunoglobulin M; mice; nose; postnatal development; progeny; pups; viability
- ... Murine embryonic stem cells (mESCs) inoculated at passage P13 with the mycoplasma species M. hominis, M. fermentans and M. orale and cultured over 20 passages showed reduced growth rate and viability (P < 0.0001) compared to control mESCs. Spectral karyotypic analysis of mycoplasma-infected mESCs showed a number of non-clonal chromosomal aberrations which increased with the duration of infection. ...