Jump to Main Content
- Jha, Sanjay; Tank, Harsukh G.; Prasad, Bishun Deo; Chattoo, Bharat B.
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 59-69
- Agrobacterium; Dahlia; Magnaporthe oryzae; Oryza sativa; Thanatephorus cucumeris; disease resistance; gene expression; pathogens; rice; transgenic plants
- ... Magnaporthe oryzae and Rhizoctonia solani, are among the most important pathogens of rice, severely limiting its productivity. Dm-AMP1, an antifungal plant defensin from Dahlia merckii, was expressed in rice (Oryza sativa L. sp. indica cv. Pusa basmati 1) using Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation. Expression levels of Dm-AMP1 ranged from 0.43% to 0.57% of total soluble protein in tra ...
- Chaudhuri, Kuntal; Das, Sudripta; Bandyopadhyay, Moumita; Zalar, Andreja; Kollmann, Albert; Jha, Sumita; Tepfer, David
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 121-134
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Calystegia sepium; Convolvulus arvensis; Rhizobium rhizogenes; Tylophora; Withania somnifera; abiotic stress; biomass production; flavonoids; fungi; genes; genetic transformation; jasmonic acid; medicinal plants; pathogens; phenotype; roots; secondary metabolites; stress response; weeds
- ... Plant secondary metabolites, including pharmaceuticals, flavorings and aromas, are often produced in response to stress. We used chemical inducers of the pathogen defense response (jasmonic acid, salicylate, killed fungi, oligosaccharides and the fungal elicitor protein, cryptogein) to increase metabolite and biomass production in transformed root cultures of the medicinal plant, Withania somnifer ...