Jump to Main Content
- Chaudhuri, Kuntal; Das, Sudripta; Bandyopadhyay, Moumita; Zalar, Andreja; Kollmann, Albert; Jha, Sumita; Tepfer, David
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 121-134
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Calystegia sepium; Convolvulus arvensis; Rhizobium rhizogenes; Tylophora; Withania somnifera; abiotic stress; biomass production; flavonoids; fungi; genes; genetic transformation; jasmonic acid; medicinal plants; pathogens; phenotype; roots; secondary metabolites; stress response; weeds
- ... Plant secondary metabolites, including pharmaceuticals, flavorings and aromas, are often produced in response to stress. We used chemical inducers of the pathogen defense response (jasmonic acid, salicylate, killed fungi, oligosaccharides and the fungal elicitor protein, cryptogein) to increase metabolite and biomass production in transformed root cultures of the medicinal plant, Withania somnifer ...
- Kawazu, Yoichi; Fujiyama, Ryoi; Noguchi, Yuji
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 113-120
- Agrobacterium; Lactuca sativa; Lettuce big-vein associated virus; leaves; lettuce; roots; small interfering RNA; transgenes; viruses
- ... Mirafiori lettuce virus (MiLV), a plant RNA virus belonging to the genus Ophiovirus, is considered to be a causal agent of lettuce big-vein disease. In this study, inverted repeats of a fragment of the coat protein (CP) gene of MiLV in a binary vector pBI121 were transferred via Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation into lettuce (Lactuca sativa L.) in order to generate MiLV-resistant l ...