Jump to Main Content
- Osorio, Fernando G.; Obaya, Álvaro J.; López-Otín, Carlos; Freije, José M. P.
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 7-15
- elderly; longevity; phenotype; mutation; therapeutics; mice; stem cells; genes; animal models; nuclear membrane
- ... Ageing research benefits from the study of accelerated ageing syndromes such as Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), characterized by the early appearance of symptoms normally associated with advanced age. Most HGPS cases are caused by a mutation in the gene LMNA, which leads to the synthesis of a truncated precursor of lamin A known as progerin that lacks the target sequence for the metal ...
- Hirabayashi, Masumi; Yoshizawa, Yusuke; Kato, Megumi; Tsuchiya, Takashi; Nagao, Shizuko; Hochi, Shinichi
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 135-141
- actin; atrophy; busulfan; chickens; fluorescence; green fluorescent protein; humans; metallothionein; parturition; progeny; rats; seminiferous tubules; spermatids; spermatogenesis; spermatogonia; spermatozoa; stem cells; transgenes
- ... The spermatogonial transplantation system was applied to evaluate stem cell kinetics and niche quality and to produce gene-modified animals using the stem cells after homologous recombination-based selection. This study was designed to determine whether the transplanted spermatogonia were able to proliferate and differentiate in male rats expressing the c-myc transgene under control of the human m ...