Jump to Main Content
- Matsumoto, Yasunobu; Suzuki, Seiko; Nozoye, Tomoko; Yamakawa, Takashi; Takashima, Yasuhiro; Arakawa, Takeshi; Tsuji, Naotoshi; Takaiwa, Fumio; Hayashi, Yoshihiro
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.2 pp. 185-192
- rice; adjuvants; grain crops; blood serum; antigens; oral administration; Oryza sativa; antibodies; recombinant fusion proteins; Ascaris suum; corn; secondary immunization; transgenic plants; mice; vaccines; endosperm; immune response; cholera toxin; eggs
- ... Cereal crops such as maize and rice are considered attractive for vaccine production and oral delivery. Here, we evaluated the rice Oryza sativa for production of As16--an antigen protective against the roundworm Ascaris suum. The antigen was produced as a chimeric protein fused with cholera toxin B subunit (CTB), and its expression level in the endosperm reached 50 μg/g seed. Feeding the transgen ...
- Markoullis, Kyriaki; Bulian, Diana; Hölzlwimmer, Gabriele; Quintanilla-Martinez, Leticia; Heiliger, Katrin-Janine; Zitzelsberger, Horst; Scherb, Hagen; Mysliwietz, Josef; Uphoff, Cord C.; Drexler, Hans G.; Adler, Thure; Busch, Dirk H.; Schmidt, Jörg; Mahabir, Esther
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 71-87
- Mycoplasma; T-lymphocytes; antibodies; blastocyst; cachexia; chimerism; embryo transfer; embryonic stem cells; flow cytometry; germ cells; immunoglobulin M; mice; nose; postnatal development; progeny; pups; viability
- ... Murine embryonic stem cells (mESCs) inoculated at passage P13 with the mycoplasma species M. hominis, M. fermentans and M. orale and cultured over 20 passages showed reduced growth rate and viability (P < 0.0001) compared to control mESCs. Spectral karyotypic analysis of mycoplasma-infected mESCs showed a number of non-clonal chromosomal aberrations which increased with the duration of infection. ...