Jump to Main Content
- Primavesi, Lucia F.; Wu, Huixia; Mudd, Elisabeth A.; Day, Anil; Jones, Huw D.
- Transgenic research 2008 v.17 no.4 pp. 529-543
- actin; antibodies; chloroplasts; corn; endosperm; ferredoxins; fluorescence; leaves; peptides; pollen; protein synthesis; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; rice; roots; tissues; transgenic plants; wheat
- ... The ability to target marker proteins to specific subcellular compartments is a powerful research tool to study the structure and development of organelles. Here transit sequences from nuclear-encoded, plastid proteins, namely rice FtsZ, maize non-photosynthetic ferredoxin III (FdIII) and the small subunit of RubisCO were used to target a modified synthetic GFP (S65G, S72A) to plastids. The locali ...
- Linga R. Gutha; Divakar Purushottam; Aruna Veeramachaneni; Sarita Tigulla; Vikas Kodappully; Chandana Enjala; Hitendrasinh Rajput; Jennifer Anderson; Bonnie Hong; Jean Schmidt; Shveta Bagga
- Transgenic research 2018 v.27 no.4 pp. 331-342
- actin; corn; crops; developmental stages; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; field experimentation; genotype; glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase; growing season; hybrids; leaves; models; peptide elongation factors; plant tissues; safety assessment; transgenic plants; India
- ... Genetically modified (GM) crops undergo large scale multi-location field trials to characterize agronomics, composition, and the concentration of newly expressed protein(s) [herein referred to as transgenic protein(s)]. The concentration of transgenic proteins in different plant tissues and across the developmental stages of the plant is considered in the safety assessment of GM crops. Reference o ...