Jump to Main Content
- Anik Luke Dhanaraj; Alan Ray Willse; S. P. Kamath
- Transgenic research 2019 v.28 no.1 pp. 33-50
- Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; developmental stages; exocarp; genetic background; genetic engineering; germplasm; homozygosity; introgression; leaves; models; plant growth; statistical analysis; India
- ... Bollgard-II cotton expressing Cry1Ac and Cry2Ab2 insecticidal proteins has been commercially cultivated in India since 2006 to control bollworms. These genes were introgressed into parental germplasm of numerous hybrids. Therefore, it is imperative that these insecticidal proteins are expressed in sufficient quantities in different tissues, throughout the season irrespective of genetic background ...
- Linga R. Gutha; Divakar Purushottam; Aruna Veeramachaneni; Sarita Tigulla; Vikas Kodappully; Chandana Enjala; Hitendrasinh Rajput; Jennifer Anderson; Bonnie Hong; Jean Schmidt; Shveta Bagga
- Transgenic research 2018 v.27 no.4 pp. 331-342
- actin; corn; crops; developmental stages; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; field experimentation; genotype; glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase; growing season; hybrids; leaves; models; peptide elongation factors; plant tissues; safety assessment; transgenic plants; India
- ... Genetically modified (GM) crops undergo large scale multi-location field trials to characterize agronomics, composition, and the concentration of newly expressed protein(s) [herein referred to as transgenic protein(s)]. The concentration of transgenic proteins in different plant tissues and across the developmental stages of the plant is considered in the safety assessment of GM crops. Reference o ...