Jump to Main Content
- Giordani, Tommaso; Cossu, Rosa Maria; Mascagni, Flavia; Marroni, Fabio; Morgante, Michele; Cavallini, Andrea; Natali, Lucia
- Tree genetics & genomes 2016 v.12 no.4 pp. 75
- Populus canadensis; RNA; chromatin; drought; gene expression regulation; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; hybrids; leaves; methylation; retrotransposons; transcription (genetics); water deprivation
- ... Retrotransposons represent a major component of plant genomes; however, large-scale studies on their expression are rare. Massively parallel sequencing offers new analytical possibilities enabling a comprehensive study of retrotransposon RNA transcription. We evaluated the expression of long terminal repeat-retrotransposons in leaves of two sister hybrids Populus × canadensis (P. deltoides × P. ni ...
- Li, Yuan-Yuan; Meng, Dong; Li, Mingjun; Cheng, Lailiang
- Tree genetics & genomes 2016 v.12 no.4 pp. 82
- Malus domestica; apples; basic-leucine zipper transcription factors; drought; fruiting; gene expression regulation; genes; growth and development; leaves; leucine zipper; models; plant growth; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; roots; salt stress; stress response; stress tolerance; transcription (genetics)
- ... The basic leucine zipper (bZIP) family is one of the largest transcription factor (TF) families in plants, which play crucial roles in plant growth and development. bZIP proteins are involved in multiple biological processes, as well as responses to various biotic/abiotic stresses. Although genome-wide analysis of the bZIP gene family has been conducted in several plant species, only few comprehen ...