Jump to Main Content
- Kayama, Masazumi; Makoto, Kobayashi; Nomura, Mutsumi; Sasa, Kaichiro; Koike, Takayoshi
- Trees 2009 v.23 no.1 pp. 145-157
- Picea glehnii, etc ; climatic factors; indigenous species; longevity; nitrogen content; nutrient content; nutrients; phosphorus; photosynthesis; planting; potassium; reforestation; snow; snowpack; soil; soil nutrients; water stress; winter; Japan; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Sakhalin spruce (Picea glehnii), a native species typically found in northern Japan, has been used in reforestation on hillsides exposed to strong winds. In the reforestation areas, there are south-facing (S-slope) and northwest-facing slopes (NW-slope). Climatic conditions are contrasting between the two slopes, with shallower snow cover on the S-slopes. We compared growth responses of the spruce ...
- Yasue, K.; Funada, R.; Kobayashi, O.
- Trees 2000 v.14 no.4 pp. 223-229
- Picea glehnii, etc ; tracheids; density; measurement; climatic factors; cells; diameter; cell walls; growth rings; summer; air temperature; rain; wood density; width; thickness; dendroclimatology; Japan; Show all 17 Subjects