Jump to Main Content
- Kucherenko, I.S.; Topolnikova, Ya.V.; Soldatkin, O.O.
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2019 v.110 pp. 160-172
- biofouling; biosensors; blood serum; diagnostic techniques; electrodes; lactate 2-monooxygenase; lactate dehydrogenase; lactic acid; liquids; pyruvate oxidase; pyruvic acid
- ... This review analyzes electrochemical biosensors for the determination of lactate (lactic acid) and pyruvate (pyruvic acid) concentrations in liquid samples, especially in the blood serum. The biosensor systems for the simultaneous determination of both substances and commercial variants of the biosensors are presented, and the biosensors for medical diagnostics are highlighted. The information con ...
- Kirchhain, Arno; Poma, Noemi; Salvo, Pietro; Tedeschi, Lorena; Melai, Bernardo; Vivaldi, Federico; Bonini, Andrea; Franzini, Maria; Caponi, Laura; Tavanti, Arianna; Di Francesco, Fabio
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2019 v.110 pp. 35-50
- biomedical research; biosensors; blood serum; cell culture; extracellular matrix; immunoassays; metalloproteinases; tissues
- ... Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) have been proposed as markers of many pathological conditions for their ability to degrade extracellular matrix components and remodel tissues. This review presents an overview of biosensors for the measurement of MMPs in serum, sputum and cell cultures. Major benefits and limitations of these technologies are discussed with respect to zymography and immunoassays, ...