Jump to Main Content
- Prokić, Marko D.; Radovanović, Tijana B.; Gavrić, Jelena P.; Faggio, Caterina
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2019 v.111 pp. 37-46
- DNA; DNA damage; acetylcholinesterase; adverse effects; animals; antioxidant activity; biomarkers; catalase; ecotoxicology; energy metabolism; enzyme activity; enzyme inhibition; glutathione peroxidase; histology; isocitrate dehydrogenase; lactate dehydrogenase; lipid peroxidation; microplastics; nervous system; neurotoxicity; superoxide dismutase; xenobiotics
- ... Interest about interactions between microplastics and organisms is on the rise. Accessing organisms' responses to these chemically “inert” compounds plays an important role in determining their potential toxicity. Microplastics from the environment tend to accumulate and move through living organisms, inducing a variety of biological effects, such as disturbances in energy metabolism, oxidative ba ...
- Duffy, Emer; Morrin, Aoife
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2019 v.111 pp. 163-172
- biochemical pathways; biomarkers; diagnostic techniques; microorganisms; physiology; skin glands; skin neoplasms; volatile organic compounds
- ... Human skin is a region of high metabolic activity where a rich variety of biomarkers are secreted from the stratum corneum. The skin is a constant source of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) derived from skin glands and resident microbiota. Skin VOCs contain the footprints of cellular activities and thus offer unique insights into the intricate processes of cutaneous physiology. This review examin ...