Jump to Main Content
- Prokić, Marko D.; Radovanović, Tijana B.; Gavrić, Jelena P.; Faggio, Caterina
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2019 v.111 pp. 37-46
- DNA; DNA damage; acetylcholinesterase; adverse effects; animals; antioxidant activity; biomarkers; catalase; ecotoxicology; energy metabolism; enzyme activity; enzyme inhibition; glutathione peroxidase; histology; isocitrate dehydrogenase; lactate dehydrogenase; lipid peroxidation; microplastics; nervous system; neurotoxicity; superoxide dismutase; xenobiotics
- ... Interest about interactions between microplastics and organisms is on the rise. Accessing organisms' responses to these chemically “inert” compounds plays an important role in determining their potential toxicity. Microplastics from the environment tend to accumulate and move through living organisms, inducing a variety of biological effects, such as disturbances in energy metabolism, oxidative ba ...
- Pinto da Costa, João; Reis, Vanessa; Paço, Ana; Costa, Mónica; Duarte, Armando C.; Rocha-Santos, Teresa
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2019 v.111 pp. 173-184
- ecotoxicology; nanoplastics; risk; risk assessment
- ... The quantification of micro- and nanoplastics in environmental matrices is an analytical challenge and pushes to the use of unrealistic high exposure concentrations in laboratory studies which can lead to manifestations of ecotoxicological effects and risks estimation that are transient under natural conditions. Moreover, in field studies, it is difficult to compare the data obtained due to the la ...