Jump to Main Content
- Pinto da Costa, João; Reis, Vanessa; Paço, Ana; Costa, Mónica; Duarte, Armando C.; Rocha-Santos, Teresa
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2019 v.111 pp. 173-184
- ecotoxicology; nanoplastics; risk; risk assessment
- ... The quantification of micro- and nanoplastics in environmental matrices is an analytical challenge and pushes to the use of unrealistic high exposure concentrations in laboratory studies which can lead to manifestations of ecotoxicological effects and risks estimation that are transient under natural conditions. Moreover, in field studies, it is difficult to compare the data obtained due to the la ...
- Zhang, Shaoliang; Wang, Jiuqi; Liu, Xu; Qu, Fengjuan; Wang, Xueshan; Wang, Xinrui; Li, Yu; Sun, Yankun
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2019 v.111 pp. 62-72
- additives; analytical methods; aquatic ecosystems; bioactive properties; environmental assessment; microplastics; pollution; risk; risk assessment; terrestrial ecosystems
- ... Microplastics (MP) (<5 mm) are crucial pollution which are widely distributes in the environment. Recently, the studies of MP have increased rapidly due to increasing awareness of the potential and growing risks of biological effects during storage and disposal. However, due to limitations in analytical methods and the methods of environmental risk assessment, the distribution and biological effec ...