Jump to Main Content
- Arias-Andres, Maria; Rojas-Jimenez, Keilor; Grossart, Hans-Peter
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2019 v.112 pp. 234-240
- antibiotic resistance genes; aquatic ecosystems; biochemical pathways; biofilm; carbon metabolism; ecotoxicology; food webs; horizontal gene transfer; humans; interspersed repetitive sequences; microbial colonization; microbial communities; microbiome; microorganisms; microplastics; organic matter; pathogenicity; pollution
- ... Microplastics (MP) provide a unique and extensive surface for microbial colonization in aquatic ecosystems. The formation of microorganism-microplastic complexes, such as biofilms, maximizes the degradation of organic matter and horizontal gene transfer. In this context, MP affect the structure and function of microbial communities, which in turn render the physical and chemical fate of MP. This n ...
- Rutkowska, Małgorzata; Płotka-Wasylka, Justyna; Majchrzak, Tomasz; Wojnowski, Wojciech; Mazur-Marzec, Hanna; Namieśnik, Jacek
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2019 v.112 pp. 112-122
- action potentials; analytical methods; anatoxins; aquatic ecosystems; ciguatoxin; humans; isomers; nervous system; neurotoxins; saxitoxins
- ... Anatoxins, saxitoxins, ciguatoxins, beta-N-methylamino-l-alanine and its isomers are groups of neurotoxins which have a highly specific effect on the nervous system of animals, including humans, by interfering with the transmission of nerve impulses. In order to assess the human exposure to these neurotoxins, selective, interlaboratory-validated analytical methods are being developed to facilitate ...