Jump to Main Content
- Klampfl, Christian W.
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2019 v.111 pp. 13-26
- biosolids; drug residues; environmental assessment; fertilizers; humans; irrigation; metabolites; sewage treatment; soil
- ... Residues of pharmaceuticals are ubiquitous in the environment, due to the increased use of drugs for treating humans and animals. If in agriculture water or biosolids from sewage treatment plants or manure from treated animals are used for irrigation or as a fertilizer respectively, drug residues may come into contact with plants. Subsequently these substances may be taken up, be translocated and ...
- Petrie, Bruce; Camacho Muñoz, Maria Dolores; Martín, Julia
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2019 v.110 pp. 249-258
- analytical chemistry; environmental assessment; humans; liquid chromatography; monitoring; pesticides; stereoselectivity; tandem mass spectrometry; toxicity
- ... Chiral pesticides can exert stereospecific toxicity in contaminated environmental compartments. Therefore, measuring pesticides at the enantiomeric level is essential to assess the risk posed to exposed organisms, including humans. In recent years, there has been rapid progress on the development and application of stereoselective liquid chromatography–tandem mass spectrometry (LC–MS/MS) methodolo ...