Jump to Main Content
- Rocco, Anna; Donati, Enrica; Touloupakis, Eleftherios; Aturki, Zeineb
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2018 v.103 pp. 156-183
- adverse effects; amino acids; business enterprises; chromatography; dietary supplements; drugs; human health; ingredients; manufacturing; nanomaterials; peptides; phenethylamines; polyphenols; selenium; vitamins
- ... Currently, dietary supplements are widely consumed over the world for health-related reasons. Even though, most of these supplements are beneficial for human health, they can also have side effects due to an excess of one of the supplement ingredients or to the presence of contaminants. It is then important to ensure their efficacy and safety. Recently, miniaturized separation techniques have emer ...
- Jakubek, Ryan S.; Handen, Joseph; White, Stephen E.; Asher, Sanford A.; Lednev, Igor K.
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2018 v.103 pp. 223-229
- amino acids; amyloid; neurodegenerative diseases; peptides; protein aggregates; protein structure; spectroscopy; statistics
- ... UV resonance Raman (UVRR) spectroscopy is a powerful tool for investigating the structure of biological molecules, such as proteins. Numerous UVRR spectroscopic markers that provide information on the structure and environment of the protein backbone and of amino acid side chains have recently been discovered. Combining these UVRR markers with hydrogen-deuterium exchange and advanced statistics is ...
- PubMed Central: