Jump to Main Content
- Chia, Boon Siew; Low, Yen Peng; Wang, Qing; Li, Pin; Gao, Zhiqiang
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2017 v.86 pp. 93-106
- antigen presentation; biomarkers; cell communication; exosomes; prognosis; therapeutics; waste management
- ... Accumulated evidence has indicated that exosomes play a vital role in many biological processes such as intercellular communication, antigen presentation, and waste management. Since the fingerprints of exosomes resemble their parental cells, they are widely recognized as next generation biomarkers for disease diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy. Being endogenous in nature, exosomes also present the ...
- Campuzano, Susana; Yánez-Sedeño, Paloma; Pingarrón, José M.
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2017 v.86 pp. 14-24
- biomarkers; biosensors; diagnostic techniques; electrochemistry; humans; patients; saliva
- ... Early detection is often the key to successful treatment and patient survival. The presence of various disease signaling salivary biomarkers that accurately reflect normal and disease states in humans as well as the sampling benefits and easy storage and transport of saliva compared to blood are some of the reasons for being increasingly recognized as an attractive diagnostic fluid. This explains ...