Jump to Main Content
- Veitia, Reiner A.
- Trends in biochemical sciences 2019 v.44 no.8 pp. 645-647
- DNA; cell division; cell senescence; mammals; proteomics; transcriptomics; yeasts
- ... A recent study assessed the impact of cell size on various cell properties. Oversized yeast cells display slow cell division, cytoplasmic dilution, and transcriptomic and proteomic alterations. It highlights commonalities between aging yeast and mammalian cells, suggesting the existence of a range of DNA content: cell volume ratio ensuring optimal function. ...
- Bowman, Gregory D.
- Trends in biochemical sciences 2019 v.44 no.8 pp. 643-645
- DNA; histones; nucleosomes
- ... Chromatin remodelers are ATP-driven motors that pump double-stranded DNA around the histone core of the nucleosome. Recent work by Chen and coworkers (Li et al., Nature, 2019 and Yan et al., Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol., 2019) has revealed an unexpected intermediate where initial translocation involves only one of the two DNA strands. ...