Jump to Main Content
- Chan, Ho Lam; Morey, Lluis
- Trends in biochemical sciences 2019 v.44 no.8 pp. 688-700
- epigenetics; genes; neoplasms; proteins; stem cells; transcription (genetics)
- ... Polycomb-group (PcG) complexes are multiprotein, evolutionarily conserved epigenetic machineries that regulate stem cell fate decisions and development, and are also implicated in cancer and other maladies. The PcG machinery can be divided into two major complexes: Polycomb repressive complex 1 and 2 (PRC1 and PRC2). Traditionally, PcG complexes have been associated with maintenance of gene repres ...
- Li, Yongsheng; Zhang, Yunpeng; Li, Xia; Yi, Song; Xu, Juan
- Trends in biochemical sciences 2019 v.44 no.8 pp. 659-674
- gain-of-function mutation; genomics; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; loss-of-function mutation; neoplasms; phenotype; proteins; therapeutics
- ... Advances in next-generation sequencing have identified thousands of genomic variants that perturb the normal functions of proteins, further contributing to diverse phenotypic consequences in cancer. Elucidating the functional pathways altered by loss-of-function (LOF) or gain-of-function (GOF) mutations will be crucial for prioritizing cancer-causing variants and their resultant therapeutic liabil ...