Jump to Main Content
- Martinez, Michael; Spitali, Mari; Norrant, Edith L.; Bracewell, Daniel G.
- Trends in biotechnology 2019 v.37 no.3 pp. 237-241
- antibodies; biopharmaceuticals; bioprocessing; cost effectiveness; manufacturing
- ... Advances in precipitation have demonstrated the capability of purifying therapeutic proteins such as antibodies from biological sources in a scalable and cost-effective manner. We discuss the latest developments in the unit operation for downstream processing applications and provide a perspective on exploring precipitation for bioprocess intensification. ...
- Fisher, Adam C.; Kamga, Mark-Henry; Agarabi, Cyrus; Brorson, Kurt; Lee, Sau L.; Yoon, Seongkyu
- Trends in biotechnology 2019 v.37 no.3 pp. 253-267
- biopharmaceuticals; biotechnology; cell culture; manufacturing; product quality; production costs
- ... There is a trend across the pharmaceutical sector toward process intensification and continuous manufacturing to produce small-molecule drugs or biotechnology products. For biotechnology products, advancing the manufacturing technology behind upstream and downstream processes has the potential to reduce product shortages and variability, allow for production flexibility, simplify scale-up procedur ...