Jump to Main Content
- Gifuni, Imma; Pollio, Antonino; Safi, Carl; Marzocchella, Antonio; Olivieri, Giuseppe
- Trends in biotechnology 2019 v.37 no.3 pp. 242-252
- algae culture; biorefining; feedstocks; lipids; microalgae
- ... Microalgae are increasingly considered as sources of renewable feedstocks for industrial production, and microalgae production now focuses on the multiproduct microalgal biorefinery. However, such a biorefinery presents several bottlenecks that are mainly associated with downstream processes. This reduced downstream efficiency results from unsolved problems related to the culture strategy for the ...
- Hassan, Shady S.; Williams, Gwilym A.; Jaiswal, Amit K.
- Trends in biotechnology 2019 v.37 no.3 pp. 231-234
- biobased products; biomass; biorefining; feedstocks; industry; lignocellulose; markets; Europe
- ... Lignocellulosic biorefining processes plant-derived biomass into a range of bio-based products. Currently, more than 40 lignocellulosic biorefineries are operating across Europe. Here, we address the challenges and future opportunities of this nascent industry by elucidating key elements of the biorefining sector, including feedstock sourcing, processing methods, and the bioproducts market. ...