Jump to Main Content
- Li, Suping; Jiang, Qiao; Ding, Baoquan; Nie, Guangjun
- Trends in biotechnology 2019 v.37 no.6 pp. 573-577
- DNA; antineoplastic activity; blood coagulation; equipment; intravenous injection; neoplasms; therapeutics; thrombin
- ... Pharmaceutical uses of cancer therapeutics, such as intravenous thrombin to elicit blood coagulation, have been hampered by lack of tumor specificity. Based on rapid progress in DNA origami-based machines capable of transporting molecular payloads, DNA nanorobots have been constructed to specifically deliver therapeutic agents into tumor vessels. ...
- Rezaei, Meysam; Winter, Marnie; Zander-Fox, Deirdre; Whitehead, Clare; Liebelt, Jan; Warkiani, Majid Ebrahimi; Hardy, Tristan; Thierry, Benjamin
- Trends in biotechnology 2019 v.37 no.6 pp. 632-644
- DNA; blood; chlorofluorocarbons; cost effectiveness; diagnostic sensitivity; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; microarray technology; screening
- ... New tools for higher-resolution fetal genome analysis including microarray and next-generation sequencing have revolutionized prenatal screening. This article provides commentary on this rapidly advancing field and a future perspective emphasizing circulating fetal cell (CFC) utility. Despite the tremendous technological challenges associated with their reliable and cost-effective isolation from m ...