Jump to Main Content
- Mück, Julia E.; Ünal, Barış; Butt, Haider; Yetisen, Ali K.
- Trends in biotechnology 2019 v.37 no.6 pp. 563-566
- corporations; diagnostic techniques; electronics; market share; markets; medical equipment; medicine; patents; point-of-care systems; therapeutics
- ... Wearable medical devices (WMDs) will advance point-of-care diagnostics and therapeutics. This article analyses the market and patents for wearable devices. Activity monitors have the largest market share, and the intellectual property landscape is dominated by electronics corporations. However, the majority of these patents have not been realized in commercial products. ...
- Larouche, Jacqueline; Aguilar, Carlos A.
- Trends in biotechnology 2019 v.37 no.6 pp. 604-617
- chromatin; gene expression; medicine; somatic cells; technology; therapeutics; transcription (genetics)
- ... Cellular identity and state are determined by a collection of molecular components that are specified during development and stabilized thereafter to maintain and protect tissue functions. Alteration of the molecular elements (gene expression program and chromatin state) as a result of disease or age can induce somatic cells to assume different identities or modulate functions. Therapeutic use of ...