Jump to Main Content
- Levin, Ditza; Golding, Basil; Strome, Scott E.; Sauna, Zuben E.
- Trends in biotechnology 2015 v.33 no.1 pp. 27-34
- antibodies; bioengineering; drugs; half life; immune system; immunogenicity; proteins; therapeutics
- ... The platform technology of fragment crystallizable (Fc) fusion, in which the Fc region of an antibody is genetically linked to an active protein drug, is among the most successful of a new generation of bioengineering strategies. Immunogenicity is a critical safety concern in the development of any protein therapeutic. While the therapeutic goal of generating Fc-fusion proteins has been to extend ...
- Škrlec, Katja; Štrukelj, Borut; Berlec, Aleš
- Trends in biotechnology 2015 v.33 no.7 pp. 408-418
- Western blotting; antibodies; clinical trials; disulfide bonds; flow cytometry; microscopy; monitoring; neoplasms; post-translational modification; proteins
- ... Non-immunoglobulin (non-Ig) scaffolds are, in contrast to antibodies, small single-domain proteins that require no post-translational modification, often lack disulfide bonds, and can undergo straightforward multimerization. Among the 20 different types of non-Ig scaffolds, Adhirons, Alphabodies, Centyrins, Pronectins, Repebodies, Affimers, and Obodies have been introduced in the past 4 years. 102 ...