Jump to Main Content
- Munoz, Gabriel; Liu, Jinxia; Vo Duy, Sung; Sauvé, Sébastien
- Trends in environmental analytical chemistry 2019 v.23 pp. e00066
- databases; environmental fate; human health; ions; perfluorocarbons; perfluorooctane sulfonic acid; perfluorooctanoic acid; screening; sulfonates; tandem mass spectrometry; toxicity; trade
- ... The persistent, bioaccumulative, and toxic properties of certain per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) raise concerns for environmental and human health. This has led to the gradual phase-out from production and commerce of some legacy PFAS. Fluoroalkylether compounds (ether-PFAS) are among the fluorinated alternative chemicals that are beginning to be reported in impacted and background envi ...
- Magesa, Felista; Wu, Yiyong; Tian, Yaling; Vianney, John-Mary; Buza, Joram; He, Quanguo; Tan, Yimin
- Trends in environmental analytical chemistry 2019 v.23 pp. e00064
- antibiotic residues; antibiotics; beverages; carbon nitride; electrochemistry; food colorants; graphene; human health; metal ions; pesticide residues; sensors (equipment); tartrazine; toxic substances
- ... Excessive consumption of substances such as food colorants, exposure to doses of metal ions, antibiotic residues and pesticides residues above maximum tolerance limit have a detrimental effect on human health. Hence in detecting these harmful substances, the development of sensitive, selective and convenient analytical tools is an essential step. Graphene and graphene like 2D graphitic carbon nitr ...