Jump to Main Content
- Santana, Ádina L.; Macedo, Gabriela A.
- Trends in food science & technology 2019 v.91 pp. 518-529
- bioavailability; dementia; economic feasibility; emulsifying; encapsulation; enzymes; freeze drying; functional foods; neurons; probiotics; reactive oxygen species; shelf life; stroke; therapeutics; ultrasonics
- ... Natural neuronutraceuticals and functional foods are provided by antioxidant molecules that inhibits excessive reactive oxygen species in neurons and simultaneous occurrence of brain-related injuries like depression, dementia, and ischemic stroke. The need for efficient, cheap and sustainable techniques to increase the shelf life and bioaccessibility of natural antioxidants for therapeutic applica ...
- Chua, Jian-Yong; Liu, Shao-Quan
- Trends in food science & technology 2019 v.91 pp. 24-32
- biofuels; byproducts; citric acid; emulsifiers; enzymatic treatment; enzymes; functional foods; isoflavones; learning; minerals; nutrients; oligosaccharides; pollution; pollution control; prebiotics; probiotics; sewage; soy protein isolate; tofu; wastewater; whey
- ... Soy whey is a by-product generated from both tofu and soy protein isolate production. This by-product contains a substantial amount of nutrients consisting of proteins, simple sugars, oligosaccharides, minerals, and soy isoflavones. Soy whey is commonly disposed of into the sewage after it is generated, and this pollutes water bodies.Researchers from various countries have explored the valorizatio ...