Jump to Main Content
- Rougeron, V.; De Meeûs, T.; Bañuls, A-L.
- Trends in parasitology 2015 v.31 no.2 pp. 52-59
- Leishmania; aneuploidy; heterozygosity; hosts; leishmaniasis; models; new drugs; parasites; phylogeny; public health
- ... Leishmaniases remain a major public health problem. Despite the development of elaborate experimental techniques and sophisticated statistical tools, how these parasites evolve, adapt themselves to new environmental compartments and hosts, and develop resistance to new drugs remains unclear. Leishmania parasites constitute a complex model from a biological, ecological, and epidemiological point of ...
- Bastin, Philippe; Rotureau, Brice
- Trends in parasitology 2015 v.31 no.2 pp. 37-38
- agarose; models; parasites
- ... African trypanosomes grown on agarose plates exhibit behaviours akin to social motility. This phenomenon has not been observed in vivo so far but recently turned out to be instrumental in the definition of two specific stages of the parasite cycle and as a tool to probe for trypanosome sensing functions. ...