Jump to Main Content
- Yokawa, Ken; Kagenishi, Tomoko; Baluška, František
- Trends in plant science 2019 v.24 no.1 pp. 12-14
- anesthesia; anesthetics; models
- ... General anesthesia, its nature, and how exactly it works are still poorly understood. Plants can also be anesthetized and lose their responses to external stimuli. Interestingly, plants are known to produce endogenous anesthetic compounds to deal with stress. Plants offer an excellent model object for studies on anesthetics and anesthesia. ...
- Earles, J. Mason; Buckley, Thomas N.; Brodersen, Craig R.; Busch, Florian A.; Cano, F. Javier; Choat, Brendan; Evans, John R.; Farquhar, Graham D.; Harwood, Richard; Huynh, Minh; John, Grace P.; Miller, Megan L.; Rockwell, Fulton E.; Sack, Lawren; Scoffoni, Christine; Struik, Paul C.; Wu, Alex; Yin, Xinyou; Barbour, Margaret M.
- Trends in plant science 2019 v.24 no.1 pp. 15-24
- carbon; carbon dioxide; energy; image analysis; leaf analysis; leaves; models; plants (botany); temporal variation
- ... Leaves are a nexus for the exchange of water, carbon, and energy between terrestrial plants and the atmosphere. Research in recent decades has highlighted the critical importance of the underlying biophysical and anatomical determinants of CO2 and H2O transport, but a quantitative understanding of how detailed 3D leaf anatomy mediates within-leaf transport has been hindered by the lack of a consen ...