Jump to Main Content
- Tong, Hongning; Chu, Chengcai
- Trends in plant science 2018 v.23 no.11 pp. 1016-1028
- Oryza sativa; agronomic traits; brassinosteroids; crops; grain yield; plant architecture; rice
- ... Brassinosteroid (BR) regulates many important agronomic traits and thus has great potential in agriculture. However, BR application is limited due to its complex effects on plants. The identification of specific downstream BR components and pathways in the crop plant rice (Oryza sativa) further demonstrates the feasibility of modulating BR responses to obtain desirable traits for breeding. Here, w ...
- Zörb, Christian; Ludewig, Uwe; Hawkesford, Malcolm J.
- Trends in plant science 2018 v.23 no.11 pp. 1029-1037
- baking; baking quality; environmental impact; feeds; gene editing; genotype; grain protein; grain quality; grain yield; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; nutrient use efficiency; processing quality; storage proteins; wheat
- ... Wheat is an important cereal crop with a high demand for nitrogen (N) fertilizer to enable the grain protein accumulation that is necessary for baking and processing quality. Here, perspectives for the development of improved wheat genotypes with higher yield stability, better grain quality, and improved N use efficiency to lower environmental impacts are discussed. The development of improved whe ...