Jump to Main Content
- Horstman, Anneke; Willemsen, Viola; Boutilier, Kim; Heidstra, Renze
- Trends in plant science 2014 v.19 no.3 pp. 146-157
- Arabidopsis thaliana; auxins; gene regulatory networks; genes; meristems; somatic embryogenesis; stem cells; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... Members of the AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE (AIL) family of APETALA 2/ETHYLENE RESPONSE FACTOR (AP2/ERF) domain transcription factors are expressed in all dividing tissues in the plant, where they have central roles in developmental processes such as embryogenesis, stem cell niche specification, meristem maintenance, organ positioning, and growth. When overexpressed, AIL proteins induce adventitious growth, ...
- Teo, Zhi Wei Norman; Song, Shiyong; Wang, Yong-Qiang; Liu, Jie; Yu, Hao
- Trends in plant science 2014 v.19 no.3 pp. 158-165
- Arabidopsis; Oryza; auxins; branching; environmental factors; flowering; flowers; fruit set; genes; meristems; reproductive success
- ... The architecture of inflorescences displays the spatiotemporal arrangement of flowers and determines plant reproductive success through affecting fruit set and plant interaction with biotic or abiotic factors. Flowering plants have evolved a remarkable diversity of inflorescence branching patterns, which is largely governed by developmental decisions in inflorescence meristems and their derived me ...