Jump to Main Content
- Fang, Chuanying; Fernie, Alisdair R.; Luo, Jie
- Trends in plant science 2019 v.24 no.1 pp. 83-98
- domestication; evolution; genetic variation; metabolism; metabolites; phenotype
- ... Plants produce a huge array of metabolites, far more than those produced by most other organisms. Unraveling this diversity and its underlying genetic variation has attracted increasing research attention. Post-genomic profiling platforms have enabled the marriage and mining of the enormous amount of phenotypic and genetic diversity. We review here achievements to date and challenges remaining tha ...
- Vergauwen, David; De Smet, Ive
- Trends in plant science 2019 v.24 no.1 pp. 1-3
- domestication; genome; odors; strawberries
- ... The history of the strawberry is one of ambitious kings and cunning spies, overseas adventures, and religious symbolism. Here, we will tell these stories, illustrated by relevant paintings and drawings, to give insight into the domestication of the strawberry. Furthermore, we will briefly discuss the complex strawberry genomes and aroma. ...