Jump to Main Content
- Mandakini, Rajkumari; Dutta, Tapan Kumar; Chingtham, Santhalembi; Roychoudhury, Parimal; Samanta, Indranil; Joardar, Sidhartha Narayan; Pachauau, Abigail R.; Chandra, Rajesh
- Tropical animal health and production 2015 v.47 no.2 pp. 377-381
- piglets, etc ; Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli; animal health; beta-lactamase; diarrhea; enteropathogenic Escherichia coli; feces; genes; intestinal microorganisms; oxygen; polymerase chain reaction; serotypes; transmission electron microscopy; virulence; India; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The present study was conducted to investigate the prevalence of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL)-producing Escherichia coli carrying other virulence genes associated with piglet diarrhoea. Faecal samples from the piglets with history of diarrhoea were processed for isolation of E. coli and were tested for their ability of ESBL production. ESBL encoding genes and other virulence genes were ...
- Okello, Emmanuel; Moonens, Kristof; Erume, Joseph; De Greve, Henri
- Tropical animal health and production 2015 v.47 no.1 pp. 117-122
- piglets, etc ; antibiotic resistance; antibodies; diarrhea; disease control; disease outbreaks; enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli; farms; fimbriae; intestinal mucosa; monitoring; multiple drug resistance; receptors; tetracycline; Uganda; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Post-weaning diarrhea (PWD) caused by enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) is an important disease of newly weaned piglets. ETEC strains commonly express F4 and/or F18 fimbriae that attach to carbohydrate receptors present on the intestinal epithelium during colonization. The disease status in the Ugandan piggeries had previously not been studied. In this cross-sectional sero-survey and clinica ...