Jump to Main Content
- Omar, Mona; Al Sayed, Nazir; Barré, Kévin; Halwani, Jalal; Machon, Nathalie
- Urban forestry & urban greening 2018 v.35 pp. 174-191
- air flow; animals; botanical composition; data collection; equipment; flora; gardens; green infrastructure; habitats; parks; plant communities; rivers; seed longevity; soil; soil compaction; solar radiation; tree trunk; trees; urban areas; urbanization; France
- ... Many studies have shown that the quality of biodiversity influences the well-being of citizens. Nevertheless, the drivers that shape biodiversity in urbanized zones are poorly understood. Although tree bases present reduced surface areas, they occur in great numbers in a deliberate spatial arrangement and may play an important ecological role in urban environments by offering limited favorable spa ...
- Bayer, Dominik; Reischl, Astrid; Rötzer, Thomas; Pretzsch, Hans
- Urban forestry & urban greening 2018 v.35 pp. 129-138
- Robinia pseudoacacia; Tilia cordata; asymmetry; branches; ecological function; ecosystem services; parks; quantitative analysis; surface roughness; trees; urban areas; Germany
- ... Quantitative measurements of structure and morphology of urban trees are hardly exhausted so far, especially in regard to variations caused by altering urban environments. However, structure and functions of trees are heavily interwoven. In fact, knowledge about structural attributes is essential for a better understanding of urban ecosystem functions and services. In order to scrutinize spatially ...