Jump to Main Content
- Pan, William K.; Seidman, Jessica C.; Ali, Asad; Hoest, Christel; Mason, Carl; Mondal, Dinesh; Knobler, Stacey L.; Bessong, Pascal
- Vaccine 2019 v.37 no.2 pp. 352-365
- Enterovirus C; assets; breast feeding; children; cohort studies; diarrhea; digestive system; education; enteropathogens; income; inflammation; microbial detection; models; neutralization; neutralizing antibodies; risk factors; seroconversion; serotypes; social environment; transferrin receptors; underweight; vaccination; vaccines
- ... Immunization programs have leveraged decades of research to maximize oral polio vaccine (OPV) response. Moving toward global poliovirus eradication, the WHO recommended phased OPV-to-IPV replacement on schedules in 2012. Using the MAL-ED prospective birth cohort data, we evaluated the influence of early life exposures impacting OPV immunization by measuring OPV response for serotypes 1 and 3.Polio ...
- Satzke, Catherine; Dunne, Eileen M.; Choummanivong, Molina; Ortika, Belinda D.; Neal, Eleanor F.G.; Pell, Casey L.; Nation, Monica L.; Fox, Kimberley K.; Nguyen, Cattram D.; Gould, Katherine A.; Hinds, Jason; Chanthongthip, Anisone; Xeuatvongsa, Anonh; Mulholland, E. Kim; Sychareun, Vanphanom; Russell, Fiona M.
- Vaccine 2019 v.37 no.2 pp. 296-305
- DNA microarrays; antibiotic resistance genes; children; herds; income; infants; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; serotypes; surveys; vaccination; vaccines; Laos
- ... Pneumococcal carriage is a prerequisite for disease, and underpins herd protection provided by pneumococcal conjugate vaccines (PCVs). There are few data on the impact of PCVs in lower income settings, particularly in Asia. In 2013, the Lao People's Democratic Republic (Lao PDR) introduced 13-valent PCV (PCV13) as a 3 + 0 schedule (doses at 6, 10 and 14 weeks of age) with limited catch-up vaccinat ...