Jump to Main Content
- Vordermeier, M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Vaccine 2014 v.32 no.44 pp. 5839-5844
- Mycobacterium bovis; biomarkers; cattle; farms; gene expression regulation; hematologic tests; interferon-gamma; microRNA; microarray technology; mononuclear leukocytes; pathogenicity; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; tuberculin; vaccine development; vaccines
- ... There is an urgent need to identify additional diagnostic biomarkers for bovine TB to complement existing read-out systems such as interferon-gamma and for predictive markers of vaccine efficacy to accelerate vaccine development. To evaluate the potential of miRNAs as such biomarkers, we have analysed their expression in bovine PPD stimulated PBMC isolated from unvaccinated and BCG vaccinated catt ...
- Vordermeier, M., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Vaccine 2014 v.32 no.11 pp. 1304-1310
- Mycobacterium bovis BCG; T-lymphocytes; adjuvants; animal models; bacterial antigens; bovine tuberculosis; cattle; histopathology; immune response; proteins; vaccination; vaccines
- ... There is a requirement for vaccines or vaccination strategies that confer better protection against TB than the current live attenuated Mycobacterium bovis Bacillus Calmette–Guerin (BCG) vaccine for use in cattle. Boosting with recombinant viral vectors expressing mycobacterial proteins, such as Ag85A, has shown a degree of promise as a strategy for improving on the protection afforded by BCG. Exp ...