Jump to Main Content
- Neuweiler, Insa; Erdal, Daniel; Dentz, Marco
- Vadose zone journal 2012 v.11 no.3
- unsaturated flow, etc ; equations; mass transfer; mathematical models; prediction; seeds; vadose zone; water content; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... We study the impact of mass transfer between high and low conductivity zones on flow in unsaturated media. A dual continuum approach that assumes capillary-dominated flow in the slow continuum gives a system of coupled flow equations for the water saturations in the mobile and in the slow domain, whose coupling term is directly related to the evolution of the averaged water content in the slow dom ...
- Mostafa, M.; Van Geel, P.J.
- Vadose zone journal 2012 v.11 no.1 pp. 0
- unsaturated flow, etc ; biofilters; biomass; mathematical models; microbial growth; permeability; sand; sandy soils; streams; vadose zone; wastewater; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Biological clogging of unsaturated soils is an important process that can lead to the development of a biomat and failure of biofilters used to treat various wastewater streams. Several conceptual models have been developed to simulate clogging in saturated soils; however, efforts to develop similar models for unsaturated soils have been limited. Recently, Mostafa and Van Geel proposed three conce ...