Jump to Main Content
- Jens T. Birkholzer; Yingqi Zhang
- Vadose zone journal 2006 v.5 no.2 pp. 657-672
- unsaturated flow, etc ; rocks; heat transfer; vadose zone; infiltration (hydrology); Nevada; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Dual-continuum models have been widely used in modeling flow and transport in fractured porous rocks. Among many other applications, dual-continuum approaches were used in predictive models of the thermal–hydrological conditions near emplacement tunnels (drifts) at Yucca Mountain, NV, the proposed site for a radioactive waste repository in the USA. In unsaturated formations such as those at Yucca ...
- Janna M. Levin; Janet S. Herman; George M. Hornberger; James E. Saiers
- Vadose zone journal 2006 v.5 no.2 pp. 564-569
- unsaturated flow, etc ; soil colloids; soil transport processes; unsaturated conditions; soil pore system; diffusion; infiltration (hydrology); Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Colloids may transport contaminants through unsaturated soils to the groundwater, and colloid mobilization is associated with transient hydrological events and sustained, steady flow. We examined mechanisms of colloid mobilization from an intact, unsaturated soil core during relatively steady flow. We collected the core from a site where soils contain 26% clay and infiltration occurs only at capil ...