Jump to Main Content
- Birkholzer, Jens T.; Zhang, Yingqi
- Vadose zone journal 2006 v.5 no.2 pp. 657-672
- unsaturated flow, etc ; rocks; heat transfer; vadose zone; infiltration (hydrology); Nevada; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Dual-continuum models have been widely used in modeling flow and transport in fractured porous rocks. Among many other applications, dual-continuum approaches were used in predictive models of the thermal–hydrological conditions near emplacement tunnels (drifts) at Yucca Mountain, NV, the proposed site for a radioactive waste repository in the USA. In unsaturated formations such as those at Yucca ...
- Seol, Yongkoo; Kneafsey, Timothy J.; Ito, Kazumasa
- Vadose zone journal 2006 v.5 no.1 pp. 1-13
- unsaturated flow, etc ; simulation models; rocks; unsaturated conditions; vadose zone; hydrologic models; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Numerical simulation is an effective and economical method for optimally designing laboratory experiments and deriving practical experimental conditions. We executed a detailed numerical simulation study to examine the active fracture concept (AFC) using a 1-m³-sized block model. The numerical simulations for this study were performed by applying various experimental conditions, including differen ...