Jump to Main Content
- Kjaergaard, C.; Poulsen, T.G.; Moldrup, P.; Jonge, L.W. de
- Vadose zone journal 2004 v.3 no.2 pp. -
- unsaturated flow, etc ; simulation models; clay fraction; soil pollution; soil pore system; soil colloids; unsaturated conditions; porosity; pollutants; soil matric potential; soil transport processes; tritium; vadose zone; Denmark; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... While it is recognized that preferential flow may increase the transport of colloids, less is known about the actual influence of preferential flow on colloid mobilization in situ. Changes in pore structure upon soil exposure to drying and rewetting may additionally affect colloid mobilization. Information about the pore structure and the active flow volume, as well as the changes in these propert ...
- Janna M. Levin; Janet S. Herman; George M. Hornberger; James E. Saiers
- Vadose zone journal 2006 v.5 no.2 pp. 564-569
- unsaturated flow, etc ; soil colloids; soil transport processes; unsaturated conditions; soil pore system; diffusion; infiltration (hydrology); Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Colloids may transport contaminants through unsaturated soils to the groundwater, and colloid mobilization is associated with transient hydrological events and sustained, steady flow. We examined mechanisms of colloid mobilization from an intact, unsaturated soil core during relatively steady flow. We collected the core from a site where soils contain 26% clay and infiltration occurs only at capil ...