Jump to Main Content
- Wellman, D. M.; Gamerdinger, A. P.; Kaplan, D. I.; Serne, R. J.
- Vadose zone journal 2008 v.7 no.1 pp. 67-78
- unsaturated flow, etc ; mathematical models; uranium; sandy soils; soil pollution; unsaturated conditions; soil heterogeneity; porous media; silt loam soils; soil transport processes; vadose zone; sand; adsorption; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Uranium(VI) sorption and transport was evaluated in mixtures of silt loam and coarse sand sediments using traditional static batch sorption, saturated column, and unsaturated centrifugation experiments to evaluate the association of mobile and immobile water domains with particles of different size and surface reactivity. Exclusion of conservative tracers and a decrease in U sorption compared with ...
- Goldberg, S.; Criscenti, L.J.; Turner, D.R.; Davis, J.A.; Cantrell, K.J.
- Vadose zone journal 2007 v.6 no.3 pp. 407
- unsaturated flow, etc ; soil pollution; vadose zone; aquifers; groundwater contamination; pollutants; adsorption; desorption; metal ions; radionuclides; geochemistry; mathematical models; chemical reactions; soil water movement; groundwater flow; saturated flow; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Adsorption-desorption reactions are important processes that affect the transport of contaminants in the environment. Various empirical approaches, such as the distribution coefficient and Freundlich and Langmuir isotherm equations, have been used to represent adsorption. The empirical approaches are not capable of accounting for the effects of variable chemical conditions, such as pH, on adsorpti ...