Jump to Main Content
- Janna M. Levin; Janet S. Herman; George M. Hornberger; James E. Saiers
- Vadose zone journal 2006 v.5 no.2 pp. 564-569
- unsaturated flow, etc ; soil colloids; soil transport processes; unsaturated conditions; soil pore system; diffusion; infiltration (hydrology); Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Colloids may transport contaminants through unsaturated soils to the groundwater, and colloid mobilization is associated with transient hydrological events and sustained, steady flow. We examined mechanisms of colloid mobilization from an intact, unsaturated soil core during relatively steady flow. We collected the core from a site where soils contain 26% clay and infiltration occurs only at capil ...
- A. Carminati; H. Flühler
- Vadose zone journal 2009 v.8 no.1 pp. 150-157
- unsaturated flow, etc ; vadose zone; infiltration (hydrology); soil aggregates; porous media; soil pore system; radiography; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Aggregation of soil particles is crucial for water flow in the vadose zone. Recent studies demonstrated that the unsaturated water flow through an aggregate pair is controlled by the contacts between aggregates. In these studies, the hydraulic conductivity of an aggregate pair was calculated as the harmonic mean of the conductivities of one aggregate and one contact, and it was fitted increasing t ...