Jump to Main Content
- American Committee of Medical Entomology; American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene,
- Vector borne and zoonotic diseases 2019 v.19 no.3 pp. 152-173
- animal diseases; arthropods; disease vectors; guidelines; humans; hygiene; medical entomology; medicine; risk
- ... The Arthropod Containment Guidelines are a product of the work of the American Committee of Medical Entomology, a subcommittee of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. The guidelines provide a reference for research laboratories to assess risk and establish protocols for the safe handling of arthropod vectors of human and animal disease agents. The guidelines were originally publi ...
- Dawson, Patrick; Malik, Mamunur Rahman; Parvez, Faruque; Morse, Stephen S.
- Vector borne and zoonotic diseases 2019 v.19 no.3 pp. 174-192
- Camelus dromedarius; Chiroptera; Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus; camels; clinical trials; databases; enzymes; epidemiology; guidelines; health services; hosts; human diseases; humans; immunologic techniques; natural history; pollution; systematic review; therapeutics; vaccines; virology; Africa; Middle East; Saudi Arabia; South Korea
- ... Background: Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) was first identified in humans in 2012. A systematic literature review was conducted to synthesize current knowledge and identify critical knowledge gaps. Materials and Methods: We conducted a systematic review on MERS-CoV using PRISMA guidelines. We identified 407 relevant, peer-reviewed publications and selected 208 of these bas ...