Jump to Main Content
- Kamani, Joshua; Baneth, Gad; Gutiérrez, Ricardo; Nachum-Biala, Yaarit; Salant, Harold; Mumcuoglu, Kosta Y.; Harrus, Shimon
- Veterinary Parasitology: Regional Studies and Reports 2015 v.1-2 pp. 59-64
- Bartonella clarridgeiae; Bartonella henselae; Bartonella koehlerae; Coxiella burnetii; Ctenocephalides felis; DNA; Rickettsia felis; adults; animal pathogens; bacterial infections; cats; females; feral animals; hosts; juveniles; males; polymerase chain reaction; public health; residential areas; screening; sequence analysis; urban areas; Israel
- ... Four hundred and sixty seven Ctenocephalides felis fleas removed from 185 feral cats living in residential areas of Jerusalem, Israel, were screened for bacterial infections of public health importance. The fleas were screened for bartonellae, rickettsiae and Coxiella burnetii by PCR and sequencing. Bartonella DNA was detected in 156 individual fleas collected from 91 of the 185 (49.2%) cats. DNA ...
- Schüle, Carina; Rehbein, Steffen; Shukullari, Enstela; Rapti, Dhimiter; Reese, Sven; Silaghi, Cornelia
- Veterinary Parasitology: Regional Studies and Reports 2015 v.1-2 pp. 35-46
- Anaplasma platys; Babesia canis; DNA; Dirofilaria immitis; Ehrlichia canis; Hepatozoon canis; Leishmania infantum; Mycoplasma; Neospora caninum; Rickettsia conorii; Toxoplasma gondii; animal pathogens; antigens; blood serum; dogs; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; geographical distribution; humans; police; polymerase chain reaction; risk factors; seroprevalence; Albania
- ... Knowledge on the prevalence of the zoonotic and animal pathogens in dogs from Albania is thus far limited. Samples were collected from 119 police dogs which were deployed throughout Albania and which were living in close relationship with humans. Direct and/or indirect methods were used to examine 119 whole blood and 117 serum samples for the protozoans Toxoplasma gondii (IFAT) and Neospora caninu ...