Jump to Main Content
- Moskvina, T.V.; Zheleznova, L.V.
- Veterinary Parasitology: Regional Studies and Reports 2015 v.1-2 pp. 31-34
- Ancylostoma caninum; Demodex canis; Otodectes cynotis; Protozoa; Toxascaris leonina; cats; dogs; ectoparasites; feces; females; helminths; hospitals; males; microscopy; parasitism; parasitoses; surveys; veterinarians; Russia
- ... The present survey aims to establish the prevalence of ecto- and endoparasitic infestations in dogs and cats in Vladivostok city in 2014. Between December 2013 and December 2014, 157 dogs (68 females and 89 males) and 80 cats (29 females and 51 males) were included in a study conducted in the School of Natural Sciences, Far Eastern Federal University and veterinarian hospitals in Vladivostok. For ...
- Vanhee, Merijn; Dalemans, Anne-Catherine; Viaene, Jasmine; Depuydt, Lies; Claerebout, Edwin
- Veterinary Parasitology: Regional Studies and Reports 2015 v.1-2 pp. 51-54
- Toxocara; cats; children; dogs; eggs; feces; humans; playgrounds; risk; sand; soil pollution; urban areas; Belgium
- ... Belgium counts more than a million dogs and at least two million cats, of which many are carrying zoonotic nematodes of the genus Toxocara. Environmental contamination with worm eggs is considered the key transmission route from animals to humans, and mainly young children are at risk. Contamination of soil with Toxocara eggs has been reported from all over the world, but data are lacking for Belg ...