Jump to Main Content
- Bergkvist, G.T.; Yool, D.A.
- Veterinary and comparative oncology 2011 v.9 no.2 pp. 81-94
- animal diseases; biomarkers; cell proliferation; epidermal growth factor; mammary neoplasms (animal); prognosis; receptors; therapeutics; veterinary medicine
- ... Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) is a tyrosine kinase receptor that stimulates cell proliferation and survival and becomes dysregulated in a range of solid tumours in man. It is recognized as a key oncogenic driver and has become a favoured therapeutic target and a prognostic and predictive marker of cancer in man. In animals, EGFR dysregulation is emerging as a potential factor in the deve ...
- Bergkvist, G.T.; Argyle, D.J.; Morrison, L.; MacIntyre, N.; Hayes, A.; Yool, D.A.
- Veterinary and comparative oncology 2011 v.9 no.2 pp. 106-117
- biomarkers; biopsy; cats; cell proliferation; correlation; epidermal growth factor receptors; immunohistochemistry; screening
- ... The aims of this study were to establish expression of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and Ki67 in 67 archived biopsy samples of feline oral squamous cell carcinomas (FOSCCs) and to establish if the expression of either markers was predictive of survival. Samples were immunohistochemically labelled for the two proteins and scored. Statistical analyses of data, including Kaplan-Meier surviv ...