Jump to Main Content
- Fidel, J.; Schiller, I.; Hauser, B.; Jausi, Y.; Rohrer-Bley, C.; Roos, M.; Kaser-Hotz, B.
- Veterinary and comparative oncology 2006 v.4 no.2 pp. 63-74
- death; dogs; drug therapy; lymph nodes; metastasis; muscles; neoplasms; prognosis; radiotherapy; surgery; thorax; toxicity
- ... Thirty-seven cases of histiocytic-like sarcomas (HLSs) in flat-coated retriever dogs were evaluated retrospectively. This tumour accounted for 36% of the malignant tumours seen in this breed during the study period. The median age at presentation was 8.2 years. Thirty-four dogs presented with a swelling or mass in a muscle group or surrounding a joint. The remaining three presented for rib (1), cu ...
- Plavec, T.; Kessler, M.; Kandel, B.; Schwietzer, A.; Roleff, S.
- Veterinary and comparative oncology 2006 v.4 no.2 pp. 98-103
- dogs; radiotherapy; sarcoma; toxicity
- ... Fifteen dogs with various non-resectable soft tissue sarcomas were treated with a palliative protocol of Cobalt⁶⁰ radiation. Twelve (80%) of the 15 tumours were fibrosarcomas and haemangiopericytomas. Total tumour radiation dose was 24 Gy, given in three 8 Gy fractions, on days 0, 7, 21 or weekly. Thirteen tumours (87%) responded with stable disease; median time to progression and median survival ...