Jump to Main Content
- Paciello, O.; Lamagna, F.; Lamagna, B.; Papparella, S.
- Veterinary clinical pathology 2003 v.32 no.1 pp. 13-18
- biopsy; collagen; dermis; dogs; electron microscopy; extensibility; fibroblasts; periodontitis; rough endoplasmic reticulum; tissue repair
- ... Background: Ehlers-Danlos syndrome comprises a group of rare inherited connective tissue diseases characterized by skin hyperextensibility, joint laxity, skin and vessel fragility, and poor wound healing. Objective: The purpose of this report was to describe the clinical, histologic, and ultrastructural findings in 2 dogs with collagenopathies consistent with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Methods: Two d ...
- Wilkerson, Melinda J.; Dolce, Karen; DeBey, Brad M.; Heeb, Heather; Davidson, Harriet
- Veterinary clinical pathology 2003 v.32 no.1 pp. 31-36
- Golden Retriever; diaphragm; dogs; electron microscopy; euthanasia; eyes; females; heart; immunohistochemistry; kidneys; lymph nodes; melanin; melanoma; metastasis; necropsy; neoplasm cells; staining; vacuoles; vimentin
- ... Background: Balloon cell melanoma is a rare variant of amelanotic melanoma that is difficult to differentiate from sebaceous cell carcinoma, liposarcoma, and other clear cell neoplasms without immunohistochemistry or ultrastructural evidence of melanin or melanosomes. Objective: The purpose of this report was to describe the clinical, cytologic, histologic, immunohistochemical, and ultrastructural ...