Jump to Main Content
- Sheinberg, Galia; Romero, Camilo; Heredia, Rafael; Capulin, Miguel; Yarto, Enrique; Carpio, Juan
- Veterinary dermatology 2017 v.28 no.4 pp. 393
- otitis externa, etc ; Psoroptes cuniculi; cotton; ears; ectoparasites; females; mites; oral administration; rabbits; veterinary medicine; New Zealand; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Psoroptes cuniculi, a nonburrowing ear mite, is a common ectoparasite of rabbits. Constant irritation of the auditory canal by the presence of this mite can lead to otitis externa or otoacariasis. OBJECTIVE: The goal of this study was to evaluate the effect of fluralaner on rabbits naturally infested with P. cuniculi and exhibiting clinical signs. ANIMALS: Fifteen female New Zealand do ...
- Noli, Chiara; Sartori, Roberta; Cena, Tiziana
- Veterinary dermatology 2017 v.28 no.4 pp. 386
- otitis externa, etc ; acetates; cell biology; cleaning; dogs; gels; pruritus; quality of life; questionnaires; therapeutics; veterinarians; veterinary medicine; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Treatment of canine otitis externa with owner‐administered products can be difficult. OBJECTIVES: To evaluate otic treatment administered by a veterinarian on quality of life (QoL) of dogs with otitis externa and their owners, and on clinical and cytology parameters of otitis; compared to an owner‐administered treatment. ANIMALS: Fifty client‐owned dogs randomly randomized into two gro ...