Jump to Main Content
- Bateman, Fiona L.; Moss, Susan M.; Trott, Darren J.; Shipstone, Michael A.
- Veterinary dermatology 2012 v.23 no.2 pp. 97
- otitis externa, etc ; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; acid treatment; aqueous concentrates; clavulanic acid; minimum inhibitory concentration; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Topical compounded Timentin® diluted with an inactive vehicle has been reported to be effective in the treatment of otitis externa caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa. The aims of this study were to determine the biological efficacy of Timentin® (ticarcillin and clavulanic acid) when diluted in the carrier vehicle Methopt® against P. aeruginosa and to determine the efficacy and stability of Timentin® ...
- Boyen, Filip; Verstappen, Koen M. H. W.; De Bock, Manuelle; Duim, Birgitta; Weese, Jeffrey Scott; Schwarz, Stefan; Haesebrouck, Freddy; Wagenaar, Jaap A.
- Veterinary dermatology 2012 v.23 no.4 pp. 381
- otitis externa, etc ; Staphylococcus aureus; antimicrobial properties; bacteria; dogs; ears; in vitro studies; miconazole; minimum inhibitory concentration; polymyxin B; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Background – Meticillin‐resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and meticillin‐resistant Staphylococcus pseudintermedius (MRSP) infections are increasingly reported in dogs, and these bacteria may be isolated from ear infections. Hypothesis/Objectives – The main aim of the present study was to investigate the in vitro antimicrobial activity of miconazole, polymyxin B and a combination of both again ...